How to Get an International Drivers License?
In order to drive abroad, you will need an International Driving Permit. The IDP is a translation of your driving license from your country of residence and is valid for one year.
The IDP can be obtained from the Automobile Association in the country where you have your driving license. When applying, it is important that you bring your original driving license and fill out an application form.
International Driver’s License Requirements
International Driver’s License Requirements:
- You must have an international driving license if you are in a country that does not recognize your national driver’s license.
- Your international driving license will be valid for the same length of time as your national license.
- You can apply for an international driving license by visiting the official government website of the country where you are staying, or the embassy or consulate of that country.
International Driver’s License Costs
The cost of an international driver’s license varies from country to country.
An international driver’s license is a document that allows the holder to drive vehicles in other countries.
Can I Drive in Florida With a Foreign License?
The state of Florida allows visitors that are traveling from overseas to drive with their foreign license. This means that drivers may come to Florida and use the license of their home country while visiting. An important thing to keep in mind is that your foreign license has to be in clear English.
An international driver’s license is a great alternative if you are frequently visiting non-English speaking countries because it is accepted in over 147 different countries. In order for your international driver’s license to be considered valid, you must also carry your foreign license.
How Long Can You Drive With a Foreign License in Florida?
Foreign drivers who are visiting Florida can drive in Florida and the US for 3 months with their foreign license.
What Countries Do US Citizens Need An International Drivers License For?
Austria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Italy, Japan, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Thailand, Poland, Bulgaria, and Australia.
Why You Should Get an International Driver’s License
If you are planning to drive in a country that is not your own, you may need an international driver’s license.
- An International Driver’s License is a translation of your state-issued driver’s license into the language of the country where you plan to drive.
- The IDL is internationally recognized and valid in over 150 countries worldwide.
- An IDL does not replace a national driver’s license but rather supplements it.
- It can be used instead of an International Driving Permit (IDP) if it is available for that country or region.
- Some countries may require both an IDP and an IDL for driving privileges, so be sure to check with them before you travel!
Car Insurance for International Visitors & Foreign Drivers
Do I need to get car insurance in the USA if I am a foreign driver and renting a car or driving my relative’s or friend’s vehicle?
Car insurance is required if you drive a vehicle in the US, even if you’re not a resident. Short-term visitors to the US may get rental car coverage from the rental company. Although, rental companies offer high-priced insurance assuming that your short-term rental has associated risks. That’s why if you are planning to stay for 3-6 months, you need to consider getting car insurance in Florida for foreign drivers from an insurance company.
Insurance Direct offers auto insurance in Texas & Florida. It has been servicing for over 14 years and finds low-cost insurance by shopping multiple carriers and finding discounts to find you the best rates in minutes.